La Bouillie is hot cereal from the African country of Chad. It is made with rice, millet, and peanut butter and served with milk and sugar, like oatmeal.
Millet is a grain. Millet grows in hot, dry field. It is an important crop and a main food in Africa. It has been eaten as cereal in Africa for thousands of years.
What You Need:
1 cup of cooked rice
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
¼ cup of wheat or millet cereal (optional)
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
Mircrowave OR saucepan
What to Do
In the microwave:
- In a cereal bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until peanut butter dissolves.
- Heat again in microwave until hot, about 45 seconds.
On top of the stove:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan on the stove on low heat.
- Stir until heated thoroughly.
- Pour into a bowl.